PTX Services is an asset based "For Hire" local, regional and over the road trucking company based in Plymouth, WI. We also have "mini" terminals in Walkerton, IN, and Gnadenhutten, OH. Our fleet consists of 40 power units and 180 dry van trailers. All of our trailers are 53', air ride equipped with logistics posts. All of them have 110" opening with swing doors.
- Multiple drop shipments - Our expertise in this area is unmatched by our competitors. Each week we plan for dozens of loads that have anywhere from 2 to 25 drops on each load, ranging out to 1,500 miles. We contact each consignee for an appointment and/or an estimated time of arrival. On shipments that take more than a day, our drivers are trained to contact and update each consignee of their progress.
- Truckload shipments - Each load tendered to PTX is scheduled immediately. We will rearrange our schedule as many times as it takes to accommodate your shipments. In the event that the time constraints are too tight to deliver safely, we will tell you that right away. We will then offer alternative solutions.
- Pooled shipments - Over the years we have saved our customers thousands of dollars by pooling their shipments with other customers. Some large LTL shipments through an LTL carrier can cost you more than if you shipped it truckload. It pays (literally) to check with a truckload carrier for available room.
- Hazardous Material - PTX is a certified hazmat carrier. Our Federal Registration and Alliance for Uniform Hazmat is available upon request.
- Dropped Trailers - Our 3 to 1 trailer to power ratio allows us to drop trailers at our customers. This gives them the flexibility to load or unload when it is convenient for them. It also allows us the opportunity to be more efficient and productive while operating according to hours of service regulations.